An educated, experienced, and approachable information technology administration professional. Able to quickly and effectively articulate complex and important decisions affecting mission-critical operations with an emphasis on security. Genuinely, morally, and passionately believes in solving complex technical problems for the greatest possible benefit to people. Proudly Korean American! Pronouns: He/Him
Research Lab System Administrator, University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
San Francisco, CA – ucsf.edu – June 2022 – Present (Full Time)
Manages, maintains, administers, and is the first point of responsibility for Keiser Lab’s entire computational hardware, software, and data infrastructure.
Operating Systems Programmer Senior, University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI – umich.edu – December 2018 – May 2022 (Full Time)
Michigan Medicine, Health Information Technology & Services (HITS)
Academic IT > Academic Devices & Systems
Assist researchers with custom hardware, complex computing, and application needs that span workstations and servers in the data-center.
Major Projects / Accomplishments:
- 2021 Merit Alphaville Hospital: Advanced Binary + Security Essentials
- 2020 Microsoft BUILD
- 2020 Red Hat Summit
- UM Library Scholar Sprints – Navigating the Dark Web
- HITS Linux, Windows, and VMware for Research Devices
- 2019 – 2020 Windows 10 Upgrade Project
- 2019 – 2021: Voices of the Staff Advisor
- 2019 Emergent Red Hat Server Automation Workshop: Introduction to Ansible Automation
- 2019 Hacks with Friends – Team Member: Pitch #4: Gaming and Learning Environment for Security (GALES)
Freelance Information Technology Consultant
Ann Arbor, MI — January 2004 – Present
DBA Galileo Computer: Jan 2010 – Dec 2013
IT Consulting: Networking, Repair, Security, Support, Web
Lead Organizer, Cryptoparty Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor, MI – a2crypto.party – January 2017 – October 2021 (Freelance / Volunteer)
- Digital Security Workshops and Trainings
- Electronic Frontier Alliance Member: 2019 EFA Spring Convening Attendee
- Ban The Scan A2 Coalition Member
Desktop Support Specialist Senior, University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI – umich.edu – September 2013 – December 2018 (Full Time)
LSA Technology Services – Information Technology
Provided specialized research computing support for Chemistry, Biology, Museum of Natural History, and Earth Science Departments.
February 2016: Promoted from Desktop Support Specialist Intermediate to Senior
Major Projects / Accomplishments:
- 2018 Hacks with Friends – Team Member: Pitch #11: Faculty Instructional Teaching Scheduler (FITS)
- 2017 Merit Capture the Flag Guided Exercise
- 2017 Digital Self Defense – Presenter, in collaboration with UM Library
- 2017 19th Annual Allied Media Conference – Presenter, Cover Your Tails!
- 2017 Penguicon – Presenter, Late Night Tails
- 2017 Hacks with Friends – Volunteer & Team Member: Grade Export File Formatter
- 2016 CIC LSA IT Directors Conference Presenter: Password Management with LastPass
- 2016 UM StaffWorks Presenter: Password Management with LastPass
- 2016 ITS PCI-DSS Compliance – MiWorkspace End User Computing (EUC) Build Team
- 2016 Hacks with Friends – Winning Team: Term Report
- 2016 – 2017: Leader for LSA IT Linux Community
- 2015 – 2016: ITS Two-Factor Authentication – Representative for LSA IT
- 2015 – 2018: Project Lead / Admin for LSA IT LastPass Enterprise
IT System Administrator, Nonprofit Enterprise at Work
Ann Arbor, MI — new.org – April 2012 – September 2013 (Full Time)
IT support to over 39 non-profit orgs / 350 systems / 500 users across southeast Michigan.
CIA Technician, Best Buy Geek Squad
Ann Arbor, MI — geeksquad.com – September 2005 – August 2010 (Part Time)
Repair, Support, Service, Sales. Apple Retail Specialist.
, Napoleon Community Schools
Napoleon, MI — napoleonschools.org – June 2005 – June 2008 (Part Time)
Maintenance, repair, and deployment of computer systems and related equipment.
Repair Technician, Computer Ties Inc.
Jackson, MI — computer-ties.com – July 2004 – September 2005 (Part Time)